Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:20:52 PM EDT
I mounted a TA01 on my RRA TE carbine but now it seem I have to "swallow" the optic to get a full sight picture. I put a KAC 300 meter BUIS behind the TA01 and now it seems to have messed up my eye placement. I need the six position stock extended all the way due to my length of pull. Should one just remove the BUIS so I can mount the TA01 to its rear most position? Any suggestions?
                                                                                                       Thanks, Trapfan
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
tuck your elbow, nose to charging handle.

if that doesnt work out for you then i suggest you replace the acog with something else cause you're headed towards disappointment
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the NSN mounted forward to make room for a KAC 300M (same setup I have), and you need to fully extend the stock to get good eye placement, then moving back to the 'normal' position won't help you any. Unless I am misunderstanding something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
why not just mount it in a removable carry handle and do away w/ the flattop mount? you can use either the optic or the iron sights. or do away with the iron sights and use the backup irons built into the top of the scope?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quit shooting in such a bladed stance.  Youd have to be 7' tall to REQUIRE the M4 stock in the last position.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
"Quit shooting in such a bladed stance. Youd have to be 7' tall to REQUIRE the M4 stock in the last position."

What he said.
Drop the stock three or four notches and bring the rifle accross your body to a more "forward" confiduration in relation to the direction your body is pointing.  

It's a carbine not an A2 at camp perry
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
why not just mount it in a removable carry handle and do away w/ the flattop mount? you can use either the optic or the iron sights. or do away with the iron sights and use the backup irons built into the top of the scope?

this will not help any with his eye relief problem and could cause more problems with cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this will not help any with his eye relief problem and could cause more problems with cheek weld.

Seems that it lets you mount the scope a little further back than you could with the flattop mount and a rear BUIS behind it. It dosn't seem to affect my eye relief at all, but I use the TA31 not the TA01NSN. It's not so hard to try that and see if it works for him.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:04:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions......I think I will try the drop the stock 2 or 3 notches system. It feels weird to creep that far foward on the stock so that my nose tips the charging handle. This is a no-no on a big game rifle but the AR-15 weapon does not recoil the same as to get me "scope bit". I also shoot a lot of Trap and  am used to a lot of length of pull. The TA01NSN has very little eye relief as compared to all of my Leupold, Zeiss, and Burris scopes that are in the 3 to 4 inch range. Thanks again for the suggestions......Trapfan.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions......I think I will try the drop the stock 2 or 3 notches system. It feels weird to creep that far foward on the stock so that my nose tips the charging handle. This is a no-no on a big game rifle but the AR-15 weapon does not recoil the same as to get me "scope bit". I also shoot a lot of Trap and  am used to a lot of length of pull. The TA01NSN has very little eye relief as compared to all of my Leupold, Zeiss, and Burris scopes that are in the 3 to 4 inch range. Thanks again for the suggestions......Trapfan.

Your forehead and eye socket are safer when you switch from a heavy duty bolt gun to an AR15. If you'd been used to the AR15 first, and then switched to the big gun and got up all nice and cozy with your scope, you'd soon be looking like a raccoon!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top