Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:34:06 PM EDT
I am interested in piggy backing and ACOG and JPoint. I have an ACOG TA11 D and am looking for correct mount to piggy back a JPoints scope.
Have seen pics but no comments as to which to order and how to mount.

Confused by Jpoint website with no "contact us" info.
Get the adaptor (JPA-TANSN) and the lower strap (JPA-TAS)? Or is it something else entirely?

TIA

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
taggage......was looking for the same info in another thread

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, I asked the exact same question not two days ago, I hope the number of responses you get is more than I did ( i'll give you a hint, it starts with a 0 and ends with a 0 )
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe this will help:

Whats the red dot optic I see above an ACOG?

My recommendation is to talk to Grant, he knows his stuff, and he can supply the goods:

G&R Tactical, LLC
www.GRTactical.com
[email protected]
757-483-0654

Good Luck,
"Capt Richardson"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Go here

http://www.eabco.com/jpoint01.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#6]
So , if I got this right. Sorry for the need to be very literal and need specific instructions. Unfortunately, I cannot tell from Pics but really like what I see.

You need both....mount and adaptor?

Will give Grant a call. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
See if this makes sense,

If you have something like a TA01, which does not have the BUIS (backup iron sights), you are going to need to order two items:
135-TA: This is the top piece that will hold the JPoint
135-TAS: This is the bottom piece that will attach to the top piece and from a ring around the ACOG body

If you have a TA01NSN, which does have the BUIS, you will only need to order 1 item:
135-TA: This is the top piece that will hold the JPoint, and will replace the existing rear part of the BUIS. This will connect directly to the ACOG body so you will not need the second part.

(The pic above is to show how the top part can mount directly to a NSN ACOG body, ignore the fact that it does not have the protective side wings.)

If you have not already talked to Grant, definitely get in touch with him. He can walk you through everything, and he can also supply the items that you will need.

Good Luck,
Capt Richardson
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the specific information. Greatly helpful and appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#11]
No problem Grant, you have definitely earned my respect and appreciation with your many hard hours behind the keyboard posting here. Not to mention you definitely know your $!@#.

On the JPoint / ACOG mount, I had noticed the different mounting positions with the 2-piece ring type mount. I was not sure if that just a preference thing, or a right and wrong thing. As always, thanks for catching it and setting the record straight.

I still think the manufacturers that you rep should be paying you a customer service / technical support fee, because I am willing to bet that you answer as many questions about their products as their paid employees do.

Thanks again for all of the hard work here,
“Capt Richardson”

PS: interesting that the picture showing the mounting around the outside edge came from the eabco.com website, you would think they would get it right!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top