Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
1.  When using the dominator, do you get a good sight picture and FOV in the EOTech while looking OVER the rear sight aperture?  looking at pictures, I could see how the rear sight might get in the way and clutter things up, making it necessary to look THROUGH the aperture instead.  But I could very well be wrong- I've never been able to try out the Dominator myself.

2. Does the EOTech have enough range of elevation adjustment to properly zero on long shots (500 yards +) when mounted on the dominator, which lifts the EOTech 1/4" off the receiver?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
1.  When using the dominator, do you get a good sight picture and FOV in the EOTech while looking OVER the rear sight aperture?  looking at pictures, I could see how the rear sight might get in the way and clutter things up, making it necessary to look THROUGH the aperture instead.  But I could very well be wrong- I've never been able to try out the Dominator myself.

2. Does the EOTech have enough range of elevation adjustment to properly zero on long shots (500 yards +) when mounted on the dominator, which lifts the EOTech 1/4" off the receiver?

Thanks in advance!

I think the sight picture is fine since dominator raises the reticle up above the rear sight.

I was wondering the same thing about the elevation question you ask. I had to adjust my EOTech 512 4-5 full turns for elevation to get it to zero at 50 yards. I had ask about this earler, but didn't get much of a response.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has had to adjust the elevation on their EOTech that much after installing a dominator or other riser to get it to zero.

I was told that the EOTech comes basically zeroed from the factory or adjusted to match a flat top, but does need to be zeroed to your rifle and with adding a 1/4 inch higher I knew it would need quite a bit of adjusting, just didn't expect to have to adjust it that much.

I don't know how much is left to adjust for range of elevation though, I can't imagine there is to much left.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top