Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 9:16:38 AM EDT
Hello All,

I am new to the board aswell as to AR's. I am 19 and got a Bushmaster xm for christmas. Best present I have ever gotten. I purchased a used Aimpoint 3000 and I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these. I have looked at all the Aimpoint posts and couldnt find any info on them. I know it is discontinued and that they were standard issue in desert storm. I want to set my rifle up for coyote hunting mainly. But after i bought it i read that you cant use  them at night? is this true? If so why not? Thanks for your time, any input would be appreciated.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You can use the sight at night if aided by a white light source.  It is not NVG (night vison goggle) rated.  Lucky for you spotlighting coyote is legal in Georgia.  Welcome to the board, go over to the hometown forum and introduce yourself to all the Georgia folks........
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top