Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:47:04 AM EDT
I have a no brand (literally completely unmarked) flip up BUIS that I'm still trying to figure out and get zeroed.  Can anyone tell me what the A2 rear sight aperture's height is-or more specifically, the height of an A2-type carry handle rear sight-from turned all the way down?  The only way I could accurately measure this would be from the underside of the sight, as I have no way to find and reference any other datum.

The aperture in this BUIS is adjusted with a screw through it.  To adjust it, the screw must be loosened, the piece with the aperture moved, and then the screw tightened again.  It's obviously a PITA-no wonder the thing was cheap.

So anyway, to get somewhere near zero I need to adjust this thing by measuring where the aperture should be and moving it there.

Here's a picture of it:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Any clue at all?  I've used a caliper to measure where the large aperture on my carry handle sight is and matched the BUIS to that, but I haven't had a chance to try it out.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top