Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2006 5:08:45 PM EDT
I have a 16" Barrel RRA Flattop AR that I just bought a Nikon 3-9x40 Scope for.  I used regular Low Rings to mount it and am not happy with how it looks and/or functions.   This there some sort of mount you would suggest for better results?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking in regards to the FSB, lots of people recommend the Warne Ultra High Mounts.  I personally was worried about this problem, but instead ordered a RRA 20" upper with the Weaver Gas Block so I didn't have to worry about it being in the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA makes a one-piece scope mount that puts the scope a hair above the hight of stock irons for about $45, or Armalite's 1" one piece (it's a little lower than the RRA, and slightly lower than stock irons). The Warne Ultra High rings are another good suggestion. Or get a .5" riser block from RRA, and use your standard low rings.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it that you are unhappy with? Are you using a BUIS that is causing the problem? Are you set on using rings, or would a one-piece mount meet your needs?

Quoted:
RRA makes a one-piece scope mount that puts the scope a hair above the hight of stock irons for about $45, or Armalite's 1" one piece (it's a little lower than the RRA, and slightly lower than stock irons). The Warne Ultra High rings are another good suggestion. Or get a .5" riser block from RRA, and use your standard low rings.

Brian

For another one-piece option, Larue Tactical make some of the best mounts around, but the seem to be hard to find. I would recomend their SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD (LT104).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Larue.  Can't give you a review yet because I am still waiting for mine to arrive.  Do a search, there are more then enough postive posts on these to make up your mind.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Actully I have a RRA Tac Mount on there right now.  So, I'd like to find some kind of rings that would get the scope over the rear sight and the front.  Maybe even able to still use the irons.  
BTW. I have a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top