Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:35:14 AM EDT
You know, the old 3X20 and 4X20 Colt carry-handle mount scopes with built in bullet drop compensators and built-in carry-handle mount?  Is there a decent clone available on the market?  I see JGSales.com and CDNN both have one for about $40.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I'm surprised no one's rushed in here to bitch about clones yet... Seems like everytime "clone" is mentioned, it becomes a donkey-punching flame war.

Can't say I've seen any good ones though eric, but good luck with your search.

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow, I'm surprised no one's rushed in here to bitch about clones yet... Seems like everytime "clone" is mentioned, it becomes a donkey-punching flame war.

Can't say I've seen any good ones though eric, but good luck with your search.

-Covert

Yeah, I'm surprised too!  

Hakko does offer one with an illuminated reticle and it sells for about $200.  But for that kind of money I can just buy a real one. <shrug>
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The Hakkos are the best, but I wouldn't call them clones.  Hakko was the OEM for Colt and actually made the original Colt scopes.  I have a Hakko and the optics are pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep waiting for someone to discuss the Combat Military Optics scope.  There is a review on this site at:

http://www.ar15.com/content/products/sights/cmo/

But, I'd like to hear more.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top