Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:25:23 PM EDT
i saw this scope... ZOS mildot illuminated 1.25-4x28?? anybody try it out before..looks like it could be a decent carbine plinker for 50 bucks
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one just to see for myself.  My plan was to play with it until I could save up the $500+ for an accupoint, then put it on my son's Mini-14.  It's not mounted yet, but I've played with it a little to test it out.  The image is a litle distorted around the edges on 1.25, the mag ring is mushy and a bit hard to turn down past 2x.  On 4x the image is not bad at all.  The MOST surprising thing of all is the illumination!  This dot is BRIGHT!  I went outside with the illumination on it's highest setting, and could see the dot like it was an Aimpoint on medium!  That really impressed me.  They're not "MilDot" though, they're German #4 with an illuminated dot.

All in all, I got what I paid for, so I'm not disappointed, but I probably should have just gone with the Simmons ProDiamond since it will end up on my son's Mini (30mm tube on the ZOS, 1" rings on the Mini).  But then, I already knew what everyone thought of that one, so what would be the fun in that?

If you want to try one for yourself, I'll sell you this one for $50, and you can skip the $9.99 shipping!  It's brand new, unmounted, just opened the package on Wednesday.  That way, I won't have to buy him new rings
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
good to hear the dot is bright.  ordered one also.  cdnn had free shipping.  figured try a cheap one then spend 1K.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top