Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:55:18 AM EDT
I've been using an Eotech on my AR for quite some time now.  I have another build and am looking into an Aimpoint.  I was wondering if this transition of optical sights will be difficult to get used to?  Or are they both similiar enough in regards to sight acquisition that my training and practice with the Eotech can be applied rather easily to the Aimpoint???
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the eotech 552 and the aimpoint m3 and find both easy to transition between.  I think you will have very little problems once you get used to looking for the dot instead of the entire reticle :)  Both are fantastic optics!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently sold my EOTech and went with not one, but two Aimpoints for my two ARs. I love the simplicity of the Aimpoints single 4MOA dot  verses the EOTechs 65MOA/1MOA circle/dot. The EOTech at times was simply too much for my eyes to process. I’m in no way knocking the EOTech, I loved mine, very reliable and well built. I owned mine for 2+ years, just couldn’t get used to it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't have a problem, I have a 512 and a Comp M on 2 different carbines and don't have a problem.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
THANKS GUYS!!  I think I'm going to give the Aimpoint a try, probably the M2...  I always have to ask first though.  Change scares the hell out of me!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my M3, its a good quality scope and very easy to point and shoot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know, I'm awfully fond of the EOTech.....

Compared to the Aimpoint.

I like pics

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Just put the red dot on whatever you want to blast, and pull the trigger.  Transition complete!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top