Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:53:27 AM EDT
Ok, I recently acquired a Beretta CX4 in 9mm.  I added the top rail for optics and I am ready to drop some optics on it.  

My preferences:

1. Under $100
2. If possible, I would like to still be able to use the iron sights; they do not have to cowitness, though.
3. Black matte finish to match rifle
4. Use easily available batteries

Suggestions?  Pictures of CX4s so equipped?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Put another $50 onto that and get a SPOT MkIII. Tough little optic, for the price you really can't beat it. I've been impressed with what it can survive having thrown at it. I've been beating the piss out of one for a little while now. Its a step up form the Tacpoint/Tacpoint clones and a couple steps up form the BSA/Trueglo and the like red dots.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
link?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
*bump*

Surely someone has put optics on their CX4 and can point a brother in the right direction?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a close friend with a CX4 with a red dot on it.  I don't know the brand off hand but he has always had a problem with it comming loose.  We have torqued that thing down as tight as we can without breaking it and it still manages to come loose.  We have never put loctite on it but that will be the next step.

All this being said, when his red dot has held strong for a few hundred rounds, he has shot some really nice groups at 50 yards.   I think just about any decent red dot with a strong mount will do.  I would use loctite from the begining and make sure your top rail is torqued down real good too.

If you want to wait a week for me to put my aimpoint clone on his CX4 I'll give you a review.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
PK-AS-W

At $200 it's more expensive than you want. But:

1) Elevation is field adjustable. If you want to take a shot at 250 yards, just dial it in.

2) Common battery type.

3) Doesn't have to have a battery.

4) Rugged.

5) Quick mount/dismount.

Read my review of the PK-AS here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=260291

BSW
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have one yet (the Storm or this sight), but it's come recommended.  A BSA 30mm dot sight.  4 different reticles, 11 intensity adjustments, and it comes with the rings.  Should co-witness the stock sights.   $69.99 at Midway.  

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=989830
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top