Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
I am now using a EoTech on my RRA FlatTop (mid-length). While it is a great sight, I still want a BUIS so I could change to iron sight when necessary. I am now pretty interested in a Troy rear BUIS (My RRA has a fixed front sight), and hear many good things about it.

However, I saw in some forums that when using the Troy rear BUIS, you have to get a higher front sight post instead of the normal one come with the rifle since the center of the rear peep hole on the Troy is higher that on a detachable A3 handle, and the normal front sight post may not be high enough to get a proper sight zero, is this true? If so, I will buy a higher post together with the Troy rear BUIS.

Does anyone have any experience with the YHM flip-up rear BUIS, I also hear good things about them, and the price is also attractive.

Thanks,

Charlie
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
All BUIS have the same standard height.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Charlie,

I'm researching the same thing you are, and I've learned that while all BUISs use the same height, they are also all too tall for a standard FSB.  This is apparently one of the reasons for having an "F" marked FSB.

I own a LaRue BUIS and plan on sighting it in with my normal FSB to understand how far off I will be.  If it is a problem to zero my rifle, I will purchase the taller front sight post to correct the issue.

I'm told the difference is only 0.040", but I don't know how that translates at @ a 100 yard zero.

Good luck,
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top