Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 7:02:38 PM EDT

heWhat model do you guys recommend:
-Side note, I think the AimPoint M.O.A. is to large for shooting at longer distance, maybe just me...?

TA-31
TA-31RCO
TA-31A
TA-31F
TAO1-NSN
Many more models in this bracket- 4X32 ACOG
The main factor is the recticle, I have never used a chevron reticle?  Pros and cons?
Rank the BEST RETICLE for Close shooting and longer shots too! (Maybe personal choice?)

With all the scopes on the market, it really makes if tough to make a decision.  But, I want one that will be here for a long time and still take abuse.

Advice please,
sorry for any missssspellled wooords! :)
szst8h  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of the ACOGs will be around for a long time.  They are very durable optics.  The reticle is a personal decision you will need to make based on your needs.  The chevron or doughnut reticles are a little better for quick target acquisition than the crosshair.  The crosshair would be better if you're trying to decide which eye to shoot out of a coyote at 150 yards.

Don't forget about the TA11 series.  You get a 35mm objective which will aid with slightly better light gathering ability (helpful for low light conditions).  You can not get a crosshair reticle however, only the chevron or doughnut IIRC.  

Hope this helps...

Phyloog
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned a TA01 and the crosshairs were very nice.

I would like a TA31F because of the fiber optic and BDC.  The Chevron has to be IMHO a good reticle for precision AND quick targeting.  

I was able to use BDC to a certain extent with my TA01- my eyes just worked well with it I guess.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a TA31.  I really like it.  
For plinking at 50 yards you can get really good groups and it is really nice and fast for shooting multiple targes like cans or whatever that are scattered all over the place.

At 100 yards the donut will fit nicely around the 100 yard official targets.  I haven't had a lot of range time with it since it was getting closer to the winter.

I guess if you are only shooting paper, go with the cheveron.  If you plan on moving targets or multiple targets, I find it easier to aquire them faster.

JMHO
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top