Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:58:09 AM EDT
www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/elite_3200.cfm

It seems like this might make for a economical option.  I like my Leopold 1 -4X but I can see the potential utility of a illuminated reticle

Advantages that I see...

1) 4.5 x for open country (I live in the desert)
2) 1.5 x for faster, closer up work
3) illuminated reticle (sort of) for...
4) Bushnell Elite series stuff is built really well... It's not the $99 stuff

Disadvantages
1) 4 oz heavier than my Leopold 1 -4 X
2) wish it had more eye relief
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked through one?  The reticle is way too fat for me.  The 3200 is a nice scope though, I just don't liket the ff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them on most of my rifles. Not much good for varmint work due to heavy reticle. But the heavy reticle is a bonus in 95%+ of situations. A brief illumination of the reticle with the supplied flashlight (or any other) keeps it glowing green for quite a few hours. Optics are good, and they are very robust with good adjustments. You can't go wrong for the money IMO
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Nylon... thanks for the input.  I think I may try to get one.  In Febuary the Turkey hunters will want my 1x to 4x Leupold shotgun scope.

One other question... the Bushnell web site list the eye relief at 3.9 inches.  Does that agree with your experience?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top