Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:33:20 AM EDT
I just spotted this: Link

Looks interesting.  Does anyone have anymore info?  Price?  

John
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Never seen or heard of them before.  Interesting, but looks like they are just offered in ballistic plex and ballistic mil dot instead of offering just joe average regular mil dot.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Burris FF II, great glass (for the money) excellent eye relief, mght have to consider another one for my mach 10/22 build
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Mike of CSGunworks had a thread on this a while back...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I searched but couldn't find anything...maybe my search-fu is screwy b/c of the cold.  

It looks to me like they changed the color put target knobs on the Fullfield II line.  I'm not complaining, I had one of their 3-9's before and thought it was a goodscope for the money.  The target turrets are a welcome improvement though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't find anything either, could be in the archive.  I too remember the turrets were the same color as the tubes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes I checked the dats on the webpage and it says it was created yesturday on the 26th.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#9]
At a suggested retail of $375, this should be a good seller.  Burris has always made good stuff and taking a proven scope and making it more "tactical" is a good thing.  If nothing else, the matte finish and bigger adjustment knobs will make the scopes look better than a hunting scope when used on an AR or M-1A.

The scopes are listed on Midway.
Link

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm just off the phone with Burris.  The customer service guy says the scopes will not be shipping until Spring.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I contacted them by e-mail, and asked if they would offer a mil dot in all of the power ranges.  Short answer: no.  Apparently, I should just be happy with ballistic plex or ballistic mil dot.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a FFII 3-9x42 with ballistaplex which I really like but the only way I would get another one would be if they offered an illuminated reticle. Its not very tactical without illumination.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have a FFII 3-9x42 with ballistaplex which I really like but the only way I would get another one would be if they offered an illuminated reticle. Its not very tactical without illumination.

They do.  I've had both, and I like the reticle on the non-illuminated one better.  The illuminated BP is "separate" from the larger stadia lines, making it (to me) not stand out as much.

I contacted them by e-mail, and asked if they would offer a mil dot in all of the power ranges. Short answer: no. Apparently, I should just be happy with ballistic plex or ballistic mil dot. Too bad.

Why does the ballistic mil-dot not work for you?  I think it's great, giving you three lines with range estimation and lead/windage, but the lower line compensates for the actual ballistic curve of several rounds rather than having to know "top of mil 1 is 200, down to and a half more is 300, then the bottom of mil-dot 6 is 400" etc.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top