Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:18:11 PM EDT
I am a very proud owner of a RRA UTE2. I currently have no optics and am planning on a EOTECH.
Will I need some sort of riser for it?

I have read that any non-magnefied optic can be used on the UTE2.
Could an ACOG be mounted on it say at an angle?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the LaRue mount for the EO Tech, it will put the EO Tech at the right height and the mount is the quick detach variety.

You can't put a magnified optic (ie. ACOG) on the UTE 2.  Can't co-witness through the rear sight would adversly effect the eye relief of a magnified optic.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Get the LaRue mount for the EO Tech, it will put the EO Tech at the right height and the mount is the quick detach variety.

You can't put a magnified optic (ie. ACOG) on the UTE 2.  Can't co-witness through the rear sight would adversly effect the eye relief of a magnified optic.

I couldn't agree more with what USMC03 said. After handling his UTE2, he knows what he's talking about.

Out of curiosity, how were you planning on mounting or thinking of mounting an ACOG onto the UTE2? I mean the UTE2 has a FIXED A2 iron sight on it, there are only so many things you can mount to the UTE2.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was actually thinking of an offset mount for a longer range optic.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
BUMP!
(hoping BIGBORE will help on this)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top