Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:43:28 PM EDT
I'm having all sorts of trouble with my TA-11F.  Its been back to Trijicon three (3) times already. I am unable to get either the windage or elevation adjusters to work.  This last  time they replaced the windage/elevation adjusters as well as the main housing.  Took it to the range yesterday and point of impact  was a good 2-3 inches to the right of point of aim after first group.  Moved windage adjusters 10  clicks to the left  for second group; poi did not move. Another 10 clicks for the third group, poi same as first group.  Once more 10 clicks; same poi as first!  Never even bothered with elevation.  Any one else have this problem?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
check your mount
check your barrel
check yourself
have someone else shoot it
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been great.  And I must say that it has been taking a beating and its enjoyed every bit of it.  A very solid scope.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Click on this link to print out a zeroing target to take to the range next time and shoot at it from 25 meters to see how accurate you really are.  Make adjustments and see if your point of impact is moving or not.  I own a TA-11F and have found it to be everything it is cracked up to be for what I use it for. (Street Level Patrolman in  a municipal agency).

25 meter zero target

The boxes will show you how close you can keep your groups and give you a gauge for how good you are with your rifle.  Obviously if you could keep all 3 rounds within a box, you're a stud and the acog is to blame.

good luck
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
This is almost on topic... in August, I returned my 15 year old TA01 to Trijicon to have the tritium replaced and had to SEND it back because the sight was no longer in focus. It was finally fixed but was fairly frustrating when I'm talking to a tech rep and he's looking thru it and saying that "there's no problem" As stated, it was eventually fixed, the problem was when they replaced the tritium, the diopter was mis-adjusted and caused the focus problem... originally they said it was my eyes but they finally got someone to look thru it who could see that you wern't able to read a license plate at 40 yards!  

All said, took twice as long and cost double shipping but I was real happy to get it back. BTY, when I sent it in it didn't have a scratch and was perfect in every respect except the tritium was dull, now it's scratched up and bright! Maybe the techs are blind

Send it back eventually they will get it right. I've got another 15 years before I have to go through this again!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
check your mount
check your barrel
check yourself
have someone else shoot it

DITTO

Definately check the barrel. I was a victim of a loose barrel and attempting to sight in my ACOG. The first cold shots were good, then things got progressively bad. Tightened up the barrel and everything is excellent.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all who responded.  For clarification; rifle shoots dead on with buis as well as Holosight.  It does the same thing for my friend who also shot the rifle with the Acog.  I plan on calling Trijicon tomorrow for return authorization.  I'll keep you posted on progress.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top