Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:56:46 AM EDT
I have been searching for a quality alternative to the LaRue M4 scope mount and the only one that seems reasonable is the armalite.  Does anyone know anything about it?  Here is a link to the mount in question.

Anyone?

Thanks

ETA:  It is the "new improved" one  part number EX0022 for $89
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]
solid mount if you dont plan on removing/installing your scope too much
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They are a good mount.  I have the 1" and 30mm versions and they work well.  They are secured by two thumb screws so they are easy to get on and off.  They have an indexing tab on the underside so you can put them back in the same spot every time there removed.  Also they are reversable so you can put them on forward or backward.  They are a great deal used on EE.  I got mine for well under the new price, around $60.  They are not the coolist mount of the month but they do the job well and for a resonable price.

Oh, and they put the scope center at the same hight as the A2 sitghts so they just feel right.

If you cant tell, I like them.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with AK007, the ArmaLite one piece scope mount is just great.  I have one on my flatop holding a Nikon tactical very securely.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a brand new mount (30mm) for sale if you're interested.  Heres a pic.

http://tinypic.com/j5xzx3.jpg
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]

VEry solid mount...mine would stay within 1/4 MOA after mounting and remounting.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine came with my a4. I like it alot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty good mount. I have two of them.

Let me tell you about a test I ran on one of them this afternoon. I just built two carbines the other night. Haven’t decided what optics to go with, so they are sans any kind of optics. I don’t even have a BUIS on them yet. Of course, I am dying to check them out.

Well, my son bought me a Nikon spotting scope for Christmas. Since the weather is beautiful today, I thought that I had better check out the spotting scope. (Really just a good excuse to do some shooting.)  

Well, I took out my Varminter and ran some different loads through it. Then I fired a couple of different loads in my 20” HBAR with the Armalite mount and a Loopy scope.

Next, I pulled the Armalite mount and scope off and stuck it on the M4gery. Low and behold, it was perfectly zeroed for this weapon too!

Then I pulled the Armalite mount off the M4gery and stuck it on the Superlight. It was about an 1 1/2” high and 1” to the left. I fired some groups, testing the same loads as used in the others.

I never in a thousand years expected to have three weapons be so close to zero with the same mount. I’ll just chalk it up to coincidence.

Well, to make a long story short, I stuck the mount and scope back in the M4gery, only to find that it had held zero.

To wrap things up, I stuck the mount and scope back on the 20” HBAR. To get back to zero, I had to move it about 3/4” to the right and 1” down.

I’m going to get a couple of LaRues, but I remain well pleased with my Armalite one-piece mounts.

viator
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm interested in one of these in the 1" verson.   Can i order one direct from Armalite or do I need to order from a distibuter?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm interested in one of these in the 1" verson.   Can i order one direct from Armalite or do I need to order from a distibuter?

You can order direct from Armalite.

DSG Arms also carries them. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from Rusty. He is good people.

Go here for mount

viator
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Good solid mount and priced reasonable, which is rare for a AR accessory :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

NOOOOO!

Well, you CAN, but you'll pay too much.

ADCO has the 1" on sale for $55 brand new!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOOOOO!

ADCO doesn't have any in stock. They are on back order.

viator
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
My Armalite mount has served me extremely well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#17]
THANKS All.  The Armalite mount is sold.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, he had 'em when I posted

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOOOOO!

ADCO doesn't have any in stock. They are on back order.

viator

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, he had 'em when I posted

Well then, I guess they sold out quickly.

viator
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top