Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:20:50 AM EDT
They are not, really.  Especially at close distances of say 10 meters.

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/dotsight.htm

Please, tell me I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
At close distances they do have paralax. Try to hold your head in the same spot every time while you shoot. Its not a big deal at that close a range.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
At close distances they do have paralax. Try to hold your head in the same spot every time while you shoot. Its not a big deal at that close a range.

It's a big deal if you've mounted one on a high powered airgun and are trying to put all the pellets through the same hole at 10 meters.  I guess I'll stick with magnified scopes with adjustable AO for that.  Dang!  Thought it would be fun to try my EoTech on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No optic can be 100% parallax free at all distances.  

All optics have parallax correction set for a certain distance, this is generally shorter on 1x optics and longer on magnified optics.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a big deal if you've mounted one on a high powered airgun and are trying to put all the pellets through the same hole at 10 meters.  I guess I'll stick with magnified scopes with adjustable AO for that.  Dang!  Thought it would be fun to try my EoTech on it.

Ah. I thought we were talking ARs here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah. I thought we were talking ARs here.

Ok, I'm shooting my AR at 10 meters trying to put all the bullets through one hole.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top