Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:07:48 AM EDT
I heard that there was a back-up / CQB red dot add-on for the ACOG, but I haven't seen much on it and can't seem to find it on the Trijicon site.  Has anyone here used one much and if so what do you think of them?  How is the field of view?  Are they parallax free?  And what effects does the high mount in relation to the bore axis have in the real world?  I ask because I once had a Bushnell holosight mounted on an A2 upper and I didn't like it because it was just too damned tall.

Thanks for any assistance / links / experiences you can share.

Saleen
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Daniel Defense now makes one for Docter and JPoint mini red dot sights, it's patterned after the KAC mount for the TA01NSN clickie

Otherwise, I know C4Grant has a mount/sight combo, it has ears to protect the relatively fragile, plastic JPoint, I can't find a pic but maybe he can post it.

Being mounted so high, the cheekweld is not ideal, but it is usable, it's a backup sight after all.  Below is must my opion: I wouldn't use the high mounted Docter/JPoint as a CQB sight just because it is one in itself, I'd just learn to use the ACOG for both CQB and longer distance shots, and rely on the mini red dot as a backup the way I'd treat the TA01NSN's built-in BUIS.

Back in 2001 a few of us started a project to make our own JPoint mount, at the time everyone was told the KAC mount was a prototype, and maybe it was then.  Of the folks involved that are still here I can remember: KevinB (went by Boland back then), and Victor (now of Tactical Night Vision).  A member by the name of jg made some prototypes, we all agreed on one of them.  Meanwhile, other people were making their own mounts too, some commercially, some started as private projects. Our project  had none of the polished looks of the KAC and Daniel Defense, but it did work.

Anyway I do have some experience with it.  I don't use my Optima2000 (JPoint) on my TA01NSN anymore, I got a TA31 and TA31F, I prefer to use BAC equipped ACOGs for both CQB distance and longer shots, for which it was designed, without the addition of another optic.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
if my memory serves me right....

[email protected] has the jpoint setup and [email protected] has the dr.optic/danieldefense setup.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top