Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 5:59:27 PM EDT
I HAVE AN TA31F MOUNTED TO A FLATOP RECEIVER.  MY PROBLEM IS THAT IN THE EVENT THAT MY ACOG BREAKS THERE ISNT ENOUGH ROOM TO FLIP UP THE BUIS SYSTEM.  ALSO IT SEEMS THAT IF I HAD A SPACER THERE TO MOUNT THE ACOG TO THAT SIGHT ALIGMENT AND PICTURE WILL BE QUICKER.  I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AND DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUT IM SURE THAT THEY HAVE.  I SAW AN ARMS MOUNT #54 AND WAS WONDERING IF THAT WOULD WORK.  IT SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD SOLVE MY PROBLEM.  ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.  THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
you cannot see irons through magnified optics.

you are suppose to remove the optic and deploy the buis.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
yep yep, even if you could flip up the rear sight, it'd be of no use.  You see but a blur of the front sight through a magnified optic, magnified optics can't be use in the 1x Aimpoint, Reflex or EOTech fashion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You're supposed to REMOVE the optic to deploy the backup irons. If you haven't looked at the Larue's yet, you need to check them out. They're fast, repeat to zero every time, and simply the best IMHO.

ETA: No one is allowed to type in all caps here except Wes from MSTN
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
EVEN IN THE ARMS #54?  WOULDNT YOU BE ABLE TO SEE THE SIGHTS THROUGH THE HOLE?  IT LOOKS LIKE REAR LENS WOULDNT EVEN BE A FACTOR.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/ARMS-54.html

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you see the front sight properly through the ACOG?  You see only a blur, don't ya?  The ACOG has to be removed to use the irons.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]

*when mounted on a Swan® Sleeve or A.R.M.S.® SIR® system

in order for this to work out like you are plannning you would need a 1/2" riser for this mount and then in order to mount the acog onto it, it would also need a mount.

1/2"riser
arms #54
acog mount

and then acog? real expensive, heavy and impractical.

either go with a carry handle mounted acog or use all that money you are planning for a larue tactical throw lever mount for your acog.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top