Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:49:44 AM EDT
Mine is an A2, which I like a lot and plan to maintain proficiency with the good-ol' irons.

Have recently been toying though with getting some kind of reflex-type (non-magnifying) optic. Don't really like the gooseneck arrangement. Have shot rifles set-up to co-witness, and to me the sight picture seems busy and crowded. I'd rather have the dot by itself, with the irons along a different line.

I also have a longish neck and some injury-related problems in my upper shoulder, so it bugs me to have to scrunch down for long to keep into the sight line. I think I would be comfortable with something mounted high up on the carry handle.

I realize this translates into greater "holdover" -- or whatever the correct term is -- the difference between the rifle bore and the sight line. Any behind-the-barracade shooting I do from a step or so back because I don't like being crowded up close, so hopefully I won't be putting holes in things close-by that I shouldn't be.

Send me your recommendations, and as always pics are welcomed. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a pic posted at the link below, sort of the same topic.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=261049
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Aimpoint in an ARMS #16A.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the first aimpoint I've seen mounted like that.
Damn sure looks better than on a gooseneck on top of the handguards!
Nice Work!

Quoted:
I have a pic posted at the link below, sort of the same topic.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=261049

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got  brand new 16A for sale in the optics thread.  IM me for details
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top