Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:14:06 PM EDT
Can the manufacturing date of an ACOG be determined by its serial number? Just the year of manufacture would be fine. #024081
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would assume so.  If the information isn't known off hand, could probably call them and find out.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon can, call them up and give them your number.  They keep this information for warranty purposes among others.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can the manufacturing date of an ACOG be determined by its serial number? Just the year of manufacture would be fine. #024081

Not a flame, but what is the relevence of its manufacture date?

Did you buy it used? Just curious.

BTW: I have used their customer service before and they were very accommodating, and wont be surprised if they are for your question as well.

Let us know what you find out
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
i have gotten man. date through email and by phone.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i have gotten man. date through email and by phone.

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a flame, but what is the relevence of its manufacture date?

Did you buy it used? Just curious.

BTW: I have used their customer service before and they were very accommodating, and wont be surprised if they are for your question as well.

Let us know what you find out

The relevance of its manufacture date is that it will tell me how old the tritium module is. I bought this TA01NSN scope used 2 years ago and the brightness of the reticle at night is really dim. I bought a new TA01 about the same time and it is fresh and bright. Of course, the lighted portion of the reticle is much larger than that of the NSN, but I still suspect the tritium of the NSN is due for a change.

Have you ever had that done?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#7]
When I posted, I thought there may have been some general hive mind knowledge about this topic. Call the manufacturer? Who woulda thought?!

#024081 was made in 5/99.
#046075 was made in 5/03.

Trijicon said the NSN was made to be compatible with night vision optics and it should be expected to be kind of dim. So maybe my tritium is good after all. Trijicon is turning around tritium replacements in about 2 weeks. FYI.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Trijicon is turning around tritium replacements in about 2 weeks. FYI.

Did they say how much money the tritium replacements cost?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't ask, since I was sure I read somehwere (last year?) that it is $55. Plus-or-minus a few bucks was a good enough estimate for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently acquired a TA11C  and called Trijicon o find out how old it was and exactly which model.  I have serial number 572 and they told me that it was manufactured in 1994 but couldn't tell me which model of TA11 it was .  Once I found out that it was the TA11C I called to see about getting a TA11F reticle installed and was told that they offer a rebuild which includes new tritium, a new reticle and new fiber optic for $299.00.  They told me that since they have to replace the reticle anyway during the rebuild, I could get a diferent one without any additional cost.

The tritium's actually pretty good in mine still so I'll probably wait until it goes dim and then go for the rebuild and new reticle.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Trijicon said the NSN was made to be compatible with night vision optics and it should be expected to be kind of dim.

Wow, I just learned something new.  My first was an NSN and I sold it.  I thought the tritium element was too dim and I returned it under warranty and they told me there was nothing wrong (it went along with an OEG for which I did have the element replaced).  They didn't tell me the above but it makes sense.  My other ACOGS have all been brighter than that NSN model.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top