Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:28:17 AM EDT
I'll be mounting a piggyback JPoint on my Leupold 6X this weekend.  I have the glue on verison, and can easily move it once it's mounted.

Is there a favorite place to mount it?

JPrifles.com shows one mounted just to the rear of the turret.  I've seen some others (with the amrs and laRue ring caps) forward of the turrets.

Which is preffered?  What are the tradeoffs?

I tested an Optima a few years ago for 'parallax'.  I mounted the gun in a vice, then observed how much the dot moved off target as I moved my head around.  It was not bad, but noticable.  This would imply I should mount the JPoint as far from my eye as reasonable, to decrease the range of angles I might experience.

I might just measure my 'natural' IPSC pistol shooting grip/stance, and try to replicate that distance from the optic to my eye onto the rifle.  Sound like a good idea?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I tried to get an SPR last week, and the ring mounted JPoint would have done the trick.

No one seems to have the SPR available, so I opted to use my swan rail with integrated BUIS and low QD rings instead.  I know the LaRue is a LOT better, but I had most of the other stuff already.

The JPoint mount I have is the glue-on version, so all I really need to figure out is which side of the turret to mount it.  The LaRue pictures above indicate I should put it forward of the turret.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
And if you do happen to get yourself a LaRue SPR, I've got an extra JPoint/Docter mount for it that I'd let go for $58; it's in 30mm.
Robert
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top