Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 11:50:12 PM EDT
Will this new unimount from Nightforce work on an AR? Dont know if it is high enough...

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
search it

mike@csgunworks carries them and has threads discussing it somewhere here along with his ee ad.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
is it all steel? 1.2 height? I guess it will clear a rear BUIS? How is the return to zero?? Who sells em???I need  a scope mount ASAP and Larue says they are backup till Janurary...
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
is it all steel? 1.2 height? I guess it will clear a rear BUIS? How is the return to zero?? Who sells em???I need  a scope mount ASAP and Larue says they are backup till Janurary...

did you start the thread just to start one? did you not read the post in your thread?

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=297676
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. No sights on this rifle-

It is low and not for everyone. I knew this going in  but all my scoped bolt guns have always been mounted as low as possible and on the AR, this is low.

This is a superb mount. Mine gripped the rail firm with finger pressure on the nuts. Fit my Leupold 4.5 x 14 x 40  with precision. 20moa resulted in 13moa on my rifle. A real benefit for me. I would have lost so much with another mount here. [I guess AR's  can be like that. ]

I shoot this rifle prone, optics only,[ sitting occationally]. Eye relief is sufficient. I do not know about mounting sights with this. I do not use them on this rig.

Awsome hitting targets semi auto. 850 in my scope and mount. A blast.

If they built in another .100 or so, I think more buyers would come.

eta; Mine is an ultralight and I see no need for steel here.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
eklikwhoa...it didnt show up when I did a search....thanks for the link..lotsa a information on it. I dont usually look under equiptment exchange on a new product.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
eklikwhoa...it didnt show up when I did a search....thanks for the link..lotsa a information on it. I dont usually look under equiptment exchange on a new product.

there was a thread that mike started or replied to somewhere that talked about the new mount, think he started it asking what everyone thought about it and it built up from there. been some time now though since i saw that thread.

usually the dealers post ads for sale in the equipment exhcange or in their industry forum so i dont see why not look in the ee for "new" items.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one photo posted of these, So, here's mine;
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one of the ultralight units on my AR-10(T) and am very impressed with it.It is of superior quality.I visited with Jeff at Nightforce before I got mine and he was very helpful.They make this unit in 1.125 and 1.275 heights and have a 20 moa built in.I had to go to the taller one for clearance between my 2.25 dia. JP fore end and the bell on my Nightforce 5.5-22x56.This is a rock solid setup and makes the eye relief come out just where you need it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The scope mount sounds like a good option.  Looks like it might be awhile before any LaRue mounts will be available.

So if I have this right, the ultralight mount is made of aluminum, has a forward ring design to allow for mounting scope further on the receiver rails to facilitate a nose to charging handle cheekweld and adaquat eye relief, has 20 moa but into it and has bolt/nut fastening system.

Sounds like the 1.125 version will allow for a 40mm objective, low height to the bore but without room for a BUIS such as a Troy and the 1.275 version will allow for a 40mm objective, medium height to the bore with room for a BUIS such as a Troy?  Can anyone confirm this.  Any feedback on how it re-zeros when taken off the receiver and then put back on?  Wish they also offered was a throw lever model.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sounds like the 1.125 version ......

Get the taller one for AR-15 use. Period.

Any feedback on how it re-zeros when taken off the receiver and then put back on?  Wish they also offered was a throw lever model.

This is not  QD mount. It is a precision rifle scope mount.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top