Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 11:15:38 PM EDT
Now it's official.  Bushnell sucks.  They give you a 1 year warranty on the Holosight units, then you're screwed.  I've had mine about 1.5 years, never abused, never thrashed, but it started developing a weird de-lamination around the reticle glass-  it works fine, but the reticle looks fuzzy around the edges.  It is internal, and not because of any chemicals I personally spilled on it- heck, it just sat on my home defense mini-14 for over a year.

I sent it back to have it looked at, and they quoted a $195 repair price.  G-zus chrisst...  I can buy a NEW unit for about $20 more.  I told them to just send it back- that's the last bushnell product I ever buy.

Leupold, they are NOT :mad:

I would read the warranty on the EOTech sights carefully as well- same concept.

-Dave
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
same optics if im not mistaken.

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
My brother had a similar experience
-1 for Bushnell
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
my eotech was a few months out of warranty and they still fixed mine for free - go figure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushnell and Eotech are not the same, and while they may come out of the same factory, so do the Ford Focus and Ford Mustang.  I wouldn't want to race them against each other.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bushnell and Eotech are not the same, and while they may come out of the same factory, so do the Ford Focus and Ford Mustang.  I wouldn't want to race them against each other.

still fords whichever way you look at it but they are geared for different things, similar to the holosights being compared in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushnell cannot repair the holosight which blows my mind that they are quoting any repair cost.

Call me, Dennis Finnegan, at EOTech (734)741-8868 x3919. I'll take care of it, but please, don't compare us to Bushnell's warranty or repair system. It is not the same concept, as we have a two year warranty on our sights, I've never quoted such an astronomical figure for repairing a sight, and generally I'll repair the thing at no charge.

Please call me and let me solve the problem.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, you'd make the person in the Mustang feel bad for losing (especially in the twisties).he
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bushnell cannot repair the holosight which blows my mind that they are quoting any repair cost.

Call me, Dennis Finnegan, at EOTech (734)741-8868 x3919. I'll take care of it, but please, don't compare us to Bushnell's warranty or repair system. It is not the same concept, as we have a two year warranty on our sights, I've never quoted such an astronomical figure for repairing a sight, and generally I'll repair the thing at no charge.

now that is some grade A service right here, customer service like this i wouldnt mind buying an eotech!!!! im an aimpoint follower.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

now that is some grade A service right here, customer service like this i wouldnt mind buying an eotech!!!!

Big +1!  Kudos to Dennis.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Wow! I was on the fence about getting an EOTech for my SEBR, but now I know that I will.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice indeed
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe Dennis has helped me in the past with a duty Eotech issue.  I have found no company with better service, and he was a great guy to deal with.  That shows with his reply here as well.

Dennis, even though you've got zero idea who I am, I wanted to say thanks for the previous help.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Another reason why I love my Eotech, and I recommend their products to anyone who will listen.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Dennis, charge the piss out of him.

it just sat on my home defense mini-14 for over a year

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dennis
My 512 is the best money I have ever spent. Works like a charm and I like your companys attitude. Good job!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Dennis!

Thanks for the awesome offer!  I think I will have to buy an EOTech for my Para FAL next :)

I'll get in touch with you when the Holo comes back from Bushnell.  My good friend bought an EOTech and became a bit worried with my little problem- I'll tell him to sleep in peace :)

DaveS-  cut me some slack!!  I've been on an AR binge for the last year :D
The Mini was my "CA-friendly" home defense rifle, complete with A-team approved wood stock.

-Dave
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Dennis is the man, EOTech customer service rocks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Dennis, charge the piss out of him.

it just sat on my home defense mini-14 for over a year

Hell, that had me laughing out loud.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I contacted Mr Finnegan awhile back about checking out an Eotech 552 I was donating to a friend's son in Iraq.    He gave my 552 a thorough checkup and upgrade at no charge and even sent me a T shirt.    That Eotech just came home the other day and gave perfect service in Fallujah without a hint of trouble.    

I now own a second Eotech and consider it my first choice when I buy an electronic sight.   Eotech customer service is among the best and Mr Finnegan is a true asset to their company.  

(btw, after telling guys at work about it 6 ordered them for their rifles)
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:15:11 AM EDT
[#22]
By coincidence i just ordered an Eotech yesterday so my wife can give it to me as my Christmas present  I was a little worried at the start of this thread but now I feel like I made the right decision.  A little customer service goes a looooooong way!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#23]

+10, that is what you call grade A+ service. That's why I buy American, nothing compares to the service we get!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow.  I was on the fence about what type of optic to get, but not anymore.  

Dennis, you are definitely among the minority when it comes to post-sales service
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I feel even beter about buying my 512 after seeing this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
*ahem*.. what's this 123 model I'm hearing about? :D

-Dave
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#28]
+1
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
*ahem*.. what's this 123 model I'm hearing about? :D

-Dave

The 553 is the CR123 model.  It also has a raised base for a lower 1/3 cowitness and some parts are SOCOM Flat Earth in color.  

IIRC, it's still up in the air whether or not it will be released to the public.

*Pics courtesy of BigAnt and C4iGrant.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Step 1. Read this thread

Step 2. Go to safe

Step 3. Open safe

Step 4. Remove Bushy superlight carbine

Step 5. Kiss EOTech 512f mounted on Bushy superlight carbine

Step 6. Smile big as the comforting knowledge that I bought a good optic with great customer service manifests itself once again  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Simply awesome....Dennis da man!  buyin another EO Tech, this one for my 9mm upper!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#32]

The 553 is the CR123 model.  It also has a raised base for a lower 1/3 cowitness and some parts are SOCOM Flat Earth in color.  

Whoa-  I hope that one gets released soon!!
-Dave
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Good thing I saved up my pennies for the Eothingie 552.

What's that saying about feeling pain only once when you buy a good product?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#34]
UPDATE:

Bushnell decided to 'do me a favor' and replaced the whole unit.

Most likely thanks to some of you guys and these boards :)

I think I will put this on a pistol and buy an EOTech for my rifle now though-  EOTech has proven to be an A class company.

-Dave
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe I do need an eotech..
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Maybe I do need an eotech..

Same thing I was thinking
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#37]
That new 123 model is what I want.  It's got to last over twice as long as the current models, right?  

Not to mention- that neat dark earth color looks exactly like my midlength in Duracoat Tiger Stripe Brown.  

I want an Eotech again.  I had a 551 awhile back.  Anyone know someone who'd want to trade a LNIB CompM with QRP and spacer, Killflash, spare batteries and the carry handle mount for an Eotech?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I was going to buy an A2. . . . now I'm getting a flat-top with an EOTech baby!

Wow thats good stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Wow, well I already own one but if anyone asks what optic to buy I know what I will be recommending.

AWESOME example of customer service.  Totally impressed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top