Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:23:11 AM EDT
Looking for a Same Plane Aperture. Don't want the Ashley/XS because the ap sizes are both different. ARMS makes a complete BUIS but I just want the aperture. I also want an extractor, etc. so I need a general supplier instead of just calling ARMS. Anybody know of a source that will answer the phone? Thanks much.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster has always answered the phone ever time I placed an order with them......

Mike
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster doesn't sell em....................just talked to the tech guy. Their service is top notch though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up my A.R.M.S. #40L SP BUIS from these guys.  

http://www.eaglefirearms.net/ARMSnumber40.htm

Cost $105 with shipping.  VERY fast delivery.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
i am curious to this as well.  I didnt want to go with the XS because of the aperature being larger.

Makes more sense to me, to use the big aperature for "normal" use then switch to small for longer or more accurate shots, without having to worry about a change in POI just by flipping the sight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
How much POI shift between apertures is there in an A2 rear flip?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much POI shift between apertures is there in an A2 rear flip?

Depends on which aperture model you have and what your barrel length is.  Anywhere from 2moa to 8moa.  Only way to tell what yours does, it so go out and test it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an OEM A2 flip in a Larue fixed BUIS, and a Bushmaster A2 flip I'm putting in an A1 upper.

Are these gonna shoot different from each other?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are these gonna shoot different from each other?

Quite possibly.  Like I said the only way to tell is to go out and shoot them with the small aperture, flip to the large one shoot again - then measure between the center of the groups end up.

BTW you should be shooting in the 50-100 yard range.  At 25 yards the smaller shifts are tough to detect.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Defensive Edge/SLR-115 is working on one right now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the enlarged apetures of the XS Sights if used on a BUIS.  I say this because, in the rare case your optic goes down, and you flip up your BUIS, you will need something more open than the standard aperture to quikly reengage the target.

As for an apeture on a A1/A2 upper or respective carrying handles, I say leave them alone and train with them because those are your primary sights on that type of gun (in most circumstances).
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the purpose behind having the two different planes? I guess I always thought the difference was only that one was larger for close shooting and the smaller for more accurate long distance shooting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's the purpose behind having the two different planes? I guess I always thought the difference was only that one was larger for close shooting and the smaller for more accurate long distance shooting.

The A1 ranged by the flip sight only, so the unmarked aperture was for 0-300m and the "L" marked aperture was for 300m+

The A2 ranged by the horizontal elevation wheel. The two different apertures were (small) for precision shooting and (large) for combat/low-light shooting. I THOUGHT the A2 was same plane; why it is not I do not know.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top