Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2005 9:07:44 AM EDT
   I am looking for a lower magnification scope for my Remmy 600 my Father hunts with.  He loves the illuminated triangle 3-9 TR20R I put on my rifle but want's less magnification.  (As much as I would like to spend the 500 bucks on the TR21 I just don't have the cheddar...)

Maybe something 1 - 4 ish with a battery powered illuminated "+" or "^",  not the entire crosshair just the center for fast targeting.

Wadda you guy's think ???
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to say I have been very pleased with my Ultradot Microdot 1.5-4.5X ILL.  I think they retail for about $200 or so.

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
IOR 4x24 illuminated run about $333 and they are illuminated and come in 3 types of reticles, personally i like the Dragnov reticle
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have a good suggestion ???

Thank's guys....
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
CDNN has a 1.5-6x illuminated Nikko scope, with a 30mm tube for $69
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thank's guys....

Remember, most low priced illuminated reticles are not visible in daylight like the Trijicon is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank's guys....

Remember, most low priced illuminated reticles are not visible in daylight like the Trijicon is.

You mean that the illumination itself is not visible, right? Since all other scope makers that I know of use battery powered illumination, when it's turned off you get the usual black reticle.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank's guys....

You mean that the illumination itself is not visible, right? Since all other scope makers that I know of use battery powered illumination, when it's turned off you get the usual black reticle.

Right, I figured that was obvious
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have to say I have been very pleased with my Ultradot Microdot 1.5-4.5X ILL.  I think they retail for about $200 or so.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/vanloch/S4200139.jpg

That looks like a nice scope for $200.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't find them available anywhere online .

I thought about trying a Mueller 2-7x32 ..... You can get them for around 130.00. I like the reticle.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Leupold MARK 4 MR/T 1.5-5X20 M2 IR SPL... but expect to pay 700ish

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't find them available anywhere online .

I thought about trying a Mueller 2-7x32 ..... You can get them for around 130.00. I like the reticle.

www.muelleroptics.com/Multishot/Multi-ShotReticlered.jpg

Try  www.ultradotwest.com  you'll have to call or email them they don't post everything that is in stock on their website.  They have free fast shipping too. Very nice folks.

Good luck, the Mueller looks nice too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#13]
there happens to be a REALLY well priced accupoint on the EE.  I hear seller's a nice guy too.  Not too good looking, but dependable!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's exactly what I've been looking for.  I finally almost settled on a Bushnell 3200 1.5-5x32 with the firefly reticle.  Which do you think would be better?  The 3200 seems to be well liked, I didn't know theat ultradot made scopes until about 1.5 minutes ago so I'm a little hesitant to try one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#15]

I thought about trying a Mueller 2-7x32 ..... You can get them for around 130.00. I like the reticle

I had one... Great scope for what it cost me.  Image was clear, and the illuminated reticle was absolutely perfectly round and had plenty of low settings so as not to "bloom" in the tube.  I sent it back for a refund because it wasn't what I needed for my 16" mid-length, but I would definitely consider it first for a brush gun or medium range hunting rifle.  No, the illumination isn't visible in daylight, which I want for my AR, but wouldn't need for a deer rifle.  The circle-dot reticle does give you a quick shot ability if you need it.

I finally almost settled on a Bushnell 3200 1.5-5x32 with the firefly reticle. Which do you think would be better?

Be SURE to look through the Bushnell yourself before buying one!!!  I wanted one too until I looked through it at the shop.  The actual reticle looks much fatter than the pictures I've seen.  Those aren't cross hairs, they're luminescent telephone poles!  I put that thing down immediately, and kept on looking.  

I'm really leaning towards the AccuPoint for my AR now, but I honestly would probably give the Mueller another shot if I was topping off a Mini-30 hog gun
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I finally almost settled on a Bushnell 3200 1.5-5x32 with the firefly reticle. Which do you think would be better?

Be SURE to look through the Bushnell yourself before buying one!!!  I wanted one too until I looked through it at the shop.  The actual reticle looks much fatter than the pictures I've seen.  Those aren't cross hairs, they're luminescent telephone poles!  I put that thing down immediately, and kept on looking.  

I'm really leaning towards the AccuPoint for my AR now, but I honestly would probably give the Mueller another shot if I was topping off a Mini-30 hog gun hr

Phone poles huh?  That's how I feel about the AccuPoint, I liked them until I picked one up, the post that the triangle sits on is huge and seems like it would be pretty distracting not to mention it would hide most of your target if you were aiming high to compensate for distance.

I'm hoping that the microdot has regular crosshairs under the dot so that you could use it with or without the dot and still have a nice fine "+".  If the microdot isn't good then I may be back to looking at a Burris FFII 1.5-5x20 or a weaver GS 1.5-5x32 or maybe the standard version of the 3200 if I don't like the Firefly.  I don't want to go any higher than 1.5 for low power but I'd like 4+ at the top end.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm really leaning towards the AccuPoint for my AR now, but I honestly would probably give the Mueller another shot if I was topping off a Mini-30 hog gun

Phone poles huh?  That's how I feel about the AccuPoint, I liked them until I picked one up, the post that the triangle sits on is huge and seems like it would be pretty distracting not to mention it would hide most of your target if you were aiming high to compensate for distance.

I'm hoping that the microdot has regular crosshairs under the dot so that you could use it with or without the dot and still have a nice fine "+".  If the microdot isn't good then I may be back to looking at a Burris FFII 1.5-5x20 or a weaver GS 1.5-5x32 or maybe the standard version of the 3200 if I don't like the Firefly.  I don't want to go any higher than 1.5 for low power but I'd like 4+ at the top end.

Heck, I've got both the Bushnell and Accupoint and like them both... I will say one thing, the Elite 4200 optics kick Trijicon's ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I am waiting until Vulcan makes optics. They outfit the Special Forces ya' know.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's the microdot reticle.

My only gripe is that I wish it had some kind of circle dot reticle.

The dot could be a little brighter but I do use it in daylight and have not had any issues. I say it could be brighter because it definately doesn't get as bright as an Eotech.

I just compared the dot brightness to a tasco propoint and I would say it's the same brightness as the tasco both on the highest setting.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top