Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2005 6:02:21 PM EDT
Thinking of putting this XOTIC on my 24" Grendel, eventually on a .408 Chey-Tac (if I ever get the money to buy one).  Pros and Cons would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It seems like a good scope for the price but I would recommend other for a .408 Chey-Tac.  If you do get one I would like to know what you think of it.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

What would you recommend for the .408 Chey-Tac?
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Pro's: First focal plane reticle, great glass, solid repeatable .25moa clicks, 100+moa elevation adj/90+ moa windage, built like a tank, side focus, 30 day money back you don't like it give it back we'll give you your money warrranty, 2 year if it needs fixed we'll send you one to use in the meantime warranty, lifetime warranty.  Friends with Ziess' and Swarovski hunting glass have said their glass was almost as good as my XOTIC's

Con's:56mm obj (non-issue for me as my Savage has a Farrell base that sits high anyway), scope is huge and heavy (again, non-issue for me as my precision rig is not a field gun for high speed low drag work), new company (but I trust SWFA to honor their stuff).

A coupla guys at sniper's hide did prototype testing on a .50, 338LM, and thousands of 308 round.
One of the fellows almost did permanent damage to himself from the recoil of how many 338LM rounds they shot (no damage to the scope).

I love mine and can't wait for when they're $1200+ when I got mine for $799.

I'd put one on a CheyTac if I had one.

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img14.imageshack.us/img14/7411/svtrrq7ww.jpg
Pro's: First focal plane reticle, great glass, solid repeatable .25moa clicks, 100+moa elevation adj/90+ moa windage, built like a tank, side focus, 30 day money back you don't like it give it back we'll give you your money warrranty, 2 year if it needs fixed we'll send you one to use in the meantime warranty, lifetime warranty.  Friends with Ziess' and Swarovski hunting glass have said their glass was almost as good as my XOTIC's

Con's:56mm obj (non-issue for me as my Savage has a Farrell base that sits high anyway), scope is huge and heavy (again, non-issue for me as my precision rig is not a field gun for high speed low drag work), new company (but I trust SWFA to honor their stuff).

A coupla guys at sniper's hide did prototype testing on a .50, 338LM, and thousands of 308 round.
One of the fellows almost did permanent damage to himself from the recoil of how many 338LM rounds they shot (no damage to the scope).

I love mine and can't wait for when they're $1200+ when I got mine for $799.

I'd put one on a CheyTac if I had one.

img14.imageshack.us/img14/7602/ussrside2fy.jpg

SB,

What make stock is that on your savage?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I know someone who is supposed ot be getting one.

I can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
ct602-  Stock is an SVT from SharpShooterSupply.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top