Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:26:11 PM EDT
Anyone on here have a PVS-14 mounted FORWARD of their magnified rifle scope (ie Leupold 3.5-10x40, etc), how do you have it mounted and does it work?

My Sheriff's Office just got one and they want to try to utilize it on my sniper rifle; if you have it on a precision rig (mine is a 700P) and can take pictures of how you have it mounted, that would be a GREAT help.

Grant from G&R Tactical has been kind enough to answer a few of my questions regarding this and he says that a few folks are using it like this.

Can reply here or email me direct at [email protected]

Thanks,

Vaughn Johnson
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I recommend NOT  using the PVS14 ahead of a scope, it will be 2-3MOA low(IIRC) and you lose resolution.
I have had better luck moving my scope foward and mounting  the PVS14 behind it.Of course you have to rezero, which is a no go in your line of work.
You could get a monoloc(clamps PVS 14 on the ocular of scope) and a stock extender.
monoloc link

The ultimate sniper NV/day rig is the OST UNS

UNS LINK

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I recommend NOT  using the PVS14 ahead of a scope, it will be 2-3MOA low(IIRC) and you lose resolution.
I have had better luck moving my scope foward and mounting  the PVS14 behind it.Of course you have to rezero, which is a no go in your line of work.

The ultimate sniper NV/day rig is the OST UNS

Thanks for the reply.  Is it something to do with the view through your day optic being altered?  If I don't make any dope changes to the rifle's optic, that is the only reason that I can think of that the POI would be altered.

Agreed on the UNS, have played with one not long ago and was impressed.  The mega pricetag would kill my team commander from laughing so hard.

Thanks,
Vaughn
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Point of impact shift has something to do with the construction of the pvs14 intensifier tube.  The image is shifted when it is projected onto the phospher screen.  I have tried it with my acog and was not even on paper at 100 yards.  The monocular pictured above was designed specificaly not to shift the image.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top