Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:57:24 AM EDT
I've got the TA01, I really like it a lot. I mount it with the Larue #LT100 and place it as far back as it can go on the flat-top, because it really doesnt have that much eye relief, and my vision isnt that great.

I am looking at this ARMS #40A2 BUIS, and it is kind of long. I am wondering if it will fit under the ACOG with the Larue mount, or will it push the ACOG too far forward to be comfortable?

Anyone have any experience with this setup or may be able to suggest a different back up sight that is just as good? I like having both the CQB and the 300m+ aperture and a knob for doing the windage, I dont like the coin slot deal or anything requiring a tool to use...

Thanks very much guys,

- rem
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
i have my acogs mounted in the new lower larue mount,

with the arms the only one that would fit when i had the taller larue mount was the arms #40 with the horizon cut and it was really close, maybe even touching.

i shoot nose to charging handle so its more than good for me, even have it one slot forward of the buis.

i have the troy buis' on mine
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Troy BUIS and a TA31 on a LaRue Mount

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IF YOU GO ARMS, GO WITH THE #40-L, SO THAT CLEARANCE WILL NOT BE AN ISUE.

MY CHOICE FOR GENERAL USE IS THE TROY REAR FLIP UP. IF YOU REALLY PLAN TO DO SOME SERIOUS LONGER RANGE WORK WITH IRON SIGHTS, YOU MIGHT ALSO LOOK A THE KAC 600-METER AND THE MATECH 600-METER REAR SIGHTS.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

enogh said.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Where can you get a MATECH? or KAC?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top