Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 12:25:04 PM EDT
Other then YHM, who makes a flip up sight for a gas block?  Looking for a top tier sight.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
GG&G, top tier.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There front sight is not that nice, IMHO...no different then YHM's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There front sight is not that nice, IMHO...no different then YHM's.

You are entitled to your opinion.  I disagree, I think it is an excellent sight.

You are wrong however about it being no different than YHM.  The two sights are very different.

Seydou
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't find a skinny little pin which locks up the sight "an excelent sight", seems weak.  And it's 99% a Bushmaster/YHM sight, I have one in my hands, they look almost identical.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
PRI, TROY, LaRue and so on....

Ant
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Larue makes a front sight?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, but I still have to disagree about the GG&G and YHM.

AFAIK LT does not make a front sight.  The Troy and the PRI are not made for installing on a gas block.  I am not sure but I think YHM and GG&G might be the only way to go (maybe DPMS/Mangonel too?)

Would a gas block/front sight combo work for you?  Looks like you would have more options if so.

Troy did tell me that they were planning on producing their front sight for gas block mounting, but I have no idea when that might be.

Good luck.

Seydou
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't find a skinny little pin which locks up the sight "an excelent sight", seems weak.  And it's 99% a Bushmaster/YHM sight, I have one in my hands, they look almost identical.

GG&G, TWO SPRING LOADED DETENTS, PLUS THE PIN.
What is more well built/engineered than that?  No Bushmaster/YHM anyhing. Look a little closer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top