Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:19:01 AM EDT
I got into a big arguement about which is quicker and eaiser to use.  I was telling him that the Eotech was faster and eaiser to use he claimed I was full of shit and that they are equal in both speed and ease of use.  Which of us is right?  I can't see how the peeps are better other than the fact that they are more reliable when it comes down to it.  Any ammo for or against my arguement?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The EOTech is parallax free. If you can see the center dot anywhere in the screen, that's where the bullet is gonna hit.

Not so with the irons. You have to have the correct cheekweld to consistently put the rounds into the same area.

The EOTech is also meant for both-eyes-open shooting. It's harder to do that with the irons.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
With irons you have to line up the rear sight, front sight and the target.

With red dot sights, like the EOTech and Aimpoint, you just put the dot on the target.

Which do you think is easier to do?  Which one do you think is faster?  Which method would you prefer to use in a two way shooting range?

Does your friend even have any experience with an EOTech or Aimpoint?  Sounds like your friend is just talking a bunch of ignorant bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Upgrade friends - you're is lacking in the mental department.

1x Optics will always be faster as you don't have to align anything (Just put the dot on the target) and you're only working in one plane (iron sights require you consider items in 3 planes, but only look at 1 - the front sight post).

The tests have been done, and there are plenty of real-world experiences proving the superiority of red-dots for speed and ease-of use.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Dots are faster and more accurate for most people.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top