Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:12 AM EDT
is there a way to protect the rear lens? I know there are scopecoats but I don't like them...I would prefer something like the flip-up caps offered by buttler creek but I can't find the size that fits mi compact acog

thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Compact ACOG for 4 years, and I don't think there are any Flip Up covers out there that will fit it. You can somewhat protect the front glass with a "Kill Flash", but the rear is pretty much going to always be exposed. I keep a Scope Coat on it when not shooting.

Not to worry...the glass on these scopes is pretty damned hard. I'd be surprised if you could scratch it or break it without a lot of effort.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]

I've got a see-through Butler Creek for my TA11 and seem to remember seeing caps that were even smaller than the one I needed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks,
could I use the rubber caps designed for 4x32 acogs?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Flip up scope covers are an option for ACOG users. I used Flip Up Butler Creek scope covers on my TA31. I do not remember the size used on the eye piece. For the objective I have a KillFlash with the ears (ends tabs on the end of the Killflash) trimmed smooth. I used a number 07 size Butler Creek objective cover for the front. I slid the objective lens cap over the KillFlash with the hinges to the ground so it flips down instead of up. I had to cut the scope cover to match the curve of the ACOG and everything came out great. If anyone would like pictures I could try and post some over the weekend. I am sure their is a way to mount Flip Up Scope Covers on the Compact too it just take a little creativity.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]

could try this
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top