Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:31:36 AM EDT
Man they got it to me 2 business days after I ordered. I even got a free hat and a "field survival device" which was really cool! Thanks very much to those who recommended the Larue mount to me! One thing I have to say is that I am extremely impressed with the quality of the mount as well as the provided tools and screws. I remember when I got my Aimpoint CompM ARMS mount, it was missing a couple screws and the allen wrench or something as far as I can remember.

Also, I've got a slight problem here tho. I've mounted my ACOG TA01 to my Colt M4 flat-top and removed the carry handle. When i mount the scope as close as I can towards the stock for comfortable eye relief, I can still see the shadow of the front sight in the view. If I center my vision properly, the front sight shadow/line is prominent.

Arghh.. what now? A riser spacer? Removal of the front sight? Also, another PITA is that I can't seem to fit the ACOG into the M4 removable carry handle. I would have to squeeze it in to the point of scratching both of them to get it mounted in the handle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- rem
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
After fiddling with it some more, I got the scope mounted into a comfortable position for the (position) of the telescoping stock so that I can get a good cheek weld as well as comfortably see through the scope. At that point the front sight is not really intrusive in the view or obstructing the vertical bullet drop/range post of the crosshair, but it is noticeable and kind of a pain...it's just "odd" because its a shadow that moves around at 9-oclock to 3-oclock at the bottom of the view.

I guess this is just the norm?

- rem

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top