Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 6:22:12 PM EDT
I'm curious -  why does Eotech apparently mark every sight as "For Law Enforcement/Military Use", even the ones they sell to the public?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That's for the 55x series, which is their LE/Mil line. I wish they wouldn't do that, but I haven't run into any trouble.

Edit: NM, I just saw a 51x series with the marks.  Now I'm interested, too.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked out several 512.A65's this weekend at a local gun show (different dealers). All were marked that way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's basically to say "rugged enough for LEO/Mil use" not LEO/Mil only like Colt has on the side of their rifles.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Because you will have some bean counter Police Chief saying, "Hey, we should just buy the Bushnells instead, they are cheaper."  Wizzo basically nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Cause it is teh hotness and Chicks Dig It.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Isn't that why all of us bought them?  I know I did.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Marketing hype...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#9]
People like to buy stuff they think is "For Law Enforcement / Military Use Only".  It gives the user a greater sense of prestige and confidence.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard that in the aftermath of Katrina some N.O. cops with punk attitudes were confiscating weapons marked for LE/Mil use.  

People finally got a judge to issue an injunction against it.  But, when it comes time to get them back, I'll bet the party line will be "What confiscated weapons?"
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#11]
It is printed this way because of a contract agreement with Bushnell. Bushnell had the right to the civilian market with the 502. and the 550 and 510 series are suppose to be LE/Military only.  

Then again, us Airsofter love the makrings because I can show it off to my wannabe friends and know deep down I am using the same sight as Delta and SEAL....  Go Airsoft..

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top