Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:49:18 PM EDT
I've been wanting to pick one of these up for either my RRA M4 or RRA midlength.  I was wondering is the intregal mount quick release style?  I can't tell if the nuts are big enough to serve as thumb nuts or if they would need a wrench.  It seems like a good BUIS would be useless if it's not quick release.  Could those nuts be replaced with some thumb nuts like on a carry handle if they do require a wrench?  

Also if anyone has this scope please let me know what your iverall impressions are of it.  I know it's not that pricey by some peoples standards ,but it will be the most I've ever spent on a scope.  The most I've ever spent on optics is $400.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
SIG-220,

I do not own one and like you I an considering getting one.  I looked at the scope at the NRA gun show in Houston. It was nmounted on a DSA FAL and it was one robust and clear scope.  I was imprerssed.

My only concern is the longevity and manufacturers back up in the US, there aere not a lot of scopes of this type out there, the Valdada distruibutor in CO told me this.

The integral rail is heavy duty and durable. From what I saw, the nuts are just that, torque down and leave them alone, I do not see how they can be uses in quick mount mode and still have the scope remain tight in shooting situations.

Guys I am glad to be back, been gone for five weeks.  The eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my town, a lot of damage, no water and my family is fine.

77Bronc
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top