Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 4:54:59 PM EDT
Just bought a ML3 on the EE and took it to the range today.  Can someone explain the theory on sighting it in?  I may be overanalyzing, but I want to get it dialed in and I can't seem to get it nailed down.  Are most of you using your irons to place the dot?    

Any help would be appreciated.....thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I disregard the irons and look straight through mine, seems to work well for me.

I added a spacer when I mounted mine on the bare FT upper and it helped me, ymmv.

Friends try and place the dot on the front sight post and have problems.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]

I zeroed mine like any other scope it just so happened that it is right on top of my front sight post.

If it is going to co-witness iwth your irons, you could use the front sight post as a starting point and then shoot a few groups and adjust from there if necessary.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top