Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:18:17 PM EDT
Would it be very accurate to mount a aimpoint ml2 on top of my A2 carry hadle? or would it be to high?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a gooseneck mount. That will attach to the carry handle and provide you a mounting rail out in front of the carry handle at a lower height to put the Aimpoint on. This type of setup also allows you to co-witness the iron sights. Most places that carry the Aimpoint also have the goosneck mounts. There are several brands to choose from, so find the one that best suits you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the closer you can mount it to the barrel, the more accurate a sight will be.  Lots of guys like to mount the aimpoint a little higher to get it to co-witness.  I've seen some mount them on top the carry handle but that's too high for me.  

If you don't have a removable carry handle, I'd go with  what Charging_Handle is saying.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that optics on carryhandles are generally teh sux, but I like my aimpoint sitting on a ARMS #16. Nice setup for short distance shooting, and I despise having irons in the aimpoints FOV, as a gooseneck puts it.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The irons are already 2 1/2" above the boreline making clearing the muzzle fun.  Adding to that does NOTHING for me.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
looks like 50/50. I would rather not co witness with the irons. I have thought about the flat top, but like the fixed iron stights.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go the carry handle route go with the ARMS # 16A.  I have one on my bushy A2 and its rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
have you had good luck with accuracy?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had no issues with accuracy.  I do most of my target shootin around 50-75 yards.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top