Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 5:40:36 PM EDT
I recently bought an EOtech 512 which I had managed to convince myself that I would be able to share it between various AR's and a FAL carbine (obviously re-zeroing between calibers).

Now that I have it mounted on my FAL, I don't think that I'll be moving it around.  Maybe if I had a Larue or Accucam mount I could get away with sharing it on the AR's but definately not between the FAL and AR's.

So has anyone been lucky enough to be able to share an optic have it remain zeroed between different rifles?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't work for me. Course, I didn't have a Larue mount or anything fancy like that, but my 512 was off by close to 6" at 50yds when I took it off my 20" A4 and put it on my 16" mid-length A4.

I doubt you'd have the same zero if you had 2 identical rifles, let alone if you throw in different barrel lengths, different manufacturers, or different calibers.

If it does zero with more than one rifle......go buy a lottery ticket

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top