Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT
Currently I have a TA01.  In total darkness the reticle is nice and bright but when I hit on my Surefire, the tritium washes out.  I am just wondering if a BAC ACOG and a Surefire are compatable, as in reticle stays illuminated?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The BAC reticle will be bright in proportion to the light coming in through the light pipe.

You can artificially increase the reticle brightness by taping/tubing a cyalume stick or a LED light on top of the pipe.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
the tao1 only uses tritium so it doesnt gather any light.

acogs with tritium and the fiber optic rod will gather more light and be brighter than any tao1 and mine is still a faint red even with the surefire on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You will wash out the reticle with Surefires indoors and lose the BAC effect.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You will wash out the reticle with Surefires indoors and lose the BAC effect.

Not if you externally light the pipe.  I used a light taped to the top of my TA11 at SMM3G 2003, and it was brighter than an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Zak, what kind of light?  How was it configured?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Then, I used some duct tape to hold my E2E onto the top of the TA11.   The light illuminated the target AND made the donut extremely bright.

If I were to do it again, I'd just slip a LED keychain lamp under the innertube I use (to reduce brightness when outdoors).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top