Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
I have read the BDC post here, but being an amateur at best I do have some questions.  I mainly do plinking at steel targets with my gun, but of course I also want to be ready for SHTF scenarios.  I recently built a Stock M4gery.  

What problems, if any, would I have in mounting a Trijicon TA01 on the carry handle as far as using the BDC.  At what range would I want to zero, and how should I compensate/adjust for distance shots.  I know the limits of a carbine, so I will not be attempting 500-600 yard shots.  I guess that I am thinking in terms of a precision urban tactical carbine.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that it should also be noted that I most commonly shoot with Wolf .223 62 grain ammunition when I go to the range.  I also, sometimes shoot with an Advanced Armament M4-2000 suppressor.  Will shooting the wolf ammo adversely affect the BDC since Trijicon publishes calibration with M855 or SS109?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top