Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:01:21 PM EDT
Hey there.

Is anyone familiar with the Army's Boresight Kit?  I'm trying to find a civilian equivilant.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen or heard of a bore sighting kit during my time in the Army. The closest I’ve seen was a bore sight kit used to zero a weapon with MILES gear installed, and this was strictly for MILES gear only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the kit that comes in the little black Starlight case (same type/size case that a PAQ-4 comes in)? It has four mandrels and the thingy with the light-up sighting-in grid?

If so, yes, I have one... M30 Boresight Equipment, Small Arms. I dont use it much. Not sure if there is a civilian equivalent per se, but I think Leupold makes something that would probably work just as well for the average guy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to answer if I can.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that sounds right.  It's got the mandrels for m4-m16/240b/50 cal, with the laser that you attach and rotate to center the dot on the grid?  You dont happen to have a picture?  I'm looking to buy one if i can find it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#4]
This is what I have - is this what you are referring to?

nightoperations.com/Doc/EQUIPMENT/M30%20Boresight%20Collimator%20System.pdf

Take care,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Ohhh, i was SO excited for a minute.  
Thats close. the rod screws right into a part that looks like the top part of that.  it emits a laser from the bore of the weapon to a target you place 10 meters away.  you center the target, then rotate the bore 180 degrees, then re-zero the laser (its adjustable) to the mid point. then you turn it again, and again and again until the laser doesnt move when you rotate it.

it's got a off, low, high, and IR setting, as it's also used with the CCO's and the PAQ-4's.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top