Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 2:49:00 PM EDT
I finally got around to sighting in my SS 10X42 this weekend. I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15. It only took about 20 shots to get it shooting tight 1 1/2-2" groups thanks to the laserbore sight. At 100yards the rifle is dead on. The bottles didn't have a chance. I shot a 1/2 steel plate at 100 yards and it did not penetrate it all the way but it was damn close using 55 grain XM193's.  I was really impressed with the rifle and the quality of the optics. Now my only question is how many of you take your scopes off of your rifles and use the iron sight to shoot closer ranges? It seems easier to use the iron sights for closer ranges than the scope. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
if the scope has quick release levers then i would remove it to shoot irons since there would be no logical way of using the buis while under the magnified scope.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.   No offense, but that is TOTALLY the wrong optic for rifle.   I've got the scope and the rifle.  The scope was too much for a 24" Vmatch, WAY overkill for a Carbon 15.

I went with a Reflex II on mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Why would you say it is too much for a rifle that is of that caliber? I have seen many many AR's with the super sniper scope. Either way I am happy with my purchase!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top