Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 12:19:47 PM EDT
Need help deciding. This will go on a M4gery bushy. What is the better system.  I cant decide G&R tactical has them both for around the same price help me decide.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I am getting the TA11D, I will let you knnow how I like it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
ttt
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the weight difference between the combos?

ACOG+mount=?
Aimpoint+mount+magnifier+mount=?

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd get the ACOG.  I'm considering selling my 3x magnifier, the FOV isn't that good, but I'm spoiled by ACOGs
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what you are going to do, my issue weapon and sight is the M4 with ACOG, but I am thinking of throwing on my personal M3 and buying a 3x, because the Aimpoint works better when shooting out of a moving vehicle and when up close.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
AMEN BROTHER.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#7]
i got the magnifier and dont like it way overpriced and poorly designed , wont work with a
arms 38 probably wont work on a sir since (unless you like your optics jacked up) aimpoint stuck the mounting holes in the rear but
desinged the it to be ring mounted in the front dont figure why they put the holes there in the first
place

if your going to set it on a stock flat top with spacers probably be happy with it but make
sure before you fork over that much cash

bummed out let me know if go with the magnifier i might sell you mine unless i figure out how
to mount it,
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i got the magnifier and dont like it way overpriced and poorly designed , wont work with a
arms 38 probably wont work on a sir since aimpoint stuck the mounting holes in the rear but
desinged the it to be ring mounted in the front dont figure why they put the holes there in the first
place

bummed

Did you get the same magnifier I did.  I think you may have got some kind of strange airsoft copy or something.  My magnifier is fucking great.  The glass is as clear as my TA31f the only difference in the field of view on the magnifier is not as good but only slightly so.  BAC works 50 times better on the magnifier than trijicon can ever hope for in this life or the next.  The magnifier is the cats ass when it comes to durability.  The magnifier was designed from the begining to work with the twist mount.  So yes it will not work with the SIR.  My only complaint is the FOV beyond that this setup smokes my TA31F for speed.  Plus it can be removed and you can utilize the Aimpoint M3 for CQB.  The magnifier+M3 is the next generation for the ARMY I know once this thing gets into soldiers hands it will be aquired by the ARMY. Saying that it is fucking expensive with a capitol E.  If you dont like it sell it and by a TA31 model.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I wasn't very happy with the mounts out there either, so I made my own. All of the mounts out there are either semi-perminent or will not go back far enough if you have a BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wasn't very happy with the mounts out there either, so I made my own. All of the mounts out there are either semi-perminent or will not go back far enough if you have a BUIS.
itchywoods.home.mindspring.com/img_7207.jpg

Why were you displeased with the twist mount.  I like your set up but it seems like a pain in the ass to reattach quickly.  I have not had it for very long.  I have taken it to the range at least for times since I have had it.  Have you experienced problems with the twist mount?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd get the ACOG.  I'm considering selling my 3x magnifier, the FOV isn't that good, but I'm spoiled by ACOGs

I agree the field of view is not quite ass good on the magnifier but it is not terrible if fact the difference is slight.  The  BAC is not as good on the ACOG as it is with the Magnifier.  Try useing BAC on your ACOG and then trying on the Magnifier you will notice for some reason that totally escapes me that the BAC accuracy on the magnifier is dead on while on the ACOG it is slightly off.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
This gun also has a pvs14. I needed a way to switch them and the aimpoint mount is semi-permanent. If aimpoint would make a pvs14 mount that was compatible with the  twist mount it would be perfect but they don't. This setup is not as fast as the Aimpoint or the Sampson but it's fast enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This gun also has a pvs14. I needed a way to switch them and the aimpoint mount is semi-permanent. If aimpoint would make a pvs14 mount that was compatible with the  twist mount it would be perfect but they don't. This setup is not as fast as the Aimpoint or the Sampson but it's fast enough for me.

I totally agree aimpoint needs two get off their ass and create a mount for the PVS 14 they would make a total killing selling this combined system to the ARMY.  I like your mount it makes sense now thanks for letting me know
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
im sorry about my previous reply im just still bitter about spending over 600 for it and mount
that wont work on my set up . bloodmoon is doing the right thing by starting the forum wish i had did the same to get info ,

and like i said fine if your not using a arms 38 or sir or if dont mind jacked up  optics

i also will be modififing my mount in hopes of making it work

the only real problem with it is i like it so much that i'm pissed that i cant use it otherwise i be happier
than a pig in poop over it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
im sorry about my previous reply im just still bitter about spending over 600 for it and mount
that wont work on my set up . bloodmoon is doing the right thing by starting the forum wish i had did the same to get info ,

and like i said fine if your not using a arms 38 or sir or if dont mind jacked up  optics

i also will be modififing my mount in hopes of making it work

the only real problem with it is i like it so much that i'm pissed that i cant use it otherwise i be happier
than a pig in poop over it.

now I understand were you are coming from I didnt mean to make you upset.  I like the system but it sure would suck if i coudnt make it work I would be pissed to.  Contact grant from G&R tactical either post a question in his forum or on his site he might be able to help you he is friendly and knows his shit.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top