Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:59:23 AM EDT
Am I the only one that would really like to see aimpoints or eotechs have cr123a lithium cells like most flashlight/weaponlights run on?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
EOTechs yes, Aimpoints are just fine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
While it would be a nice option, the Eotech doesn't NEED the higher power of a 123 cell

I like the AA option, since I can use long life lithium or rechargables with a solar charger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
i think the aimpoints are fine as they are
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
While it would be a nice option, the Eotech doesn't NEED the higher power of a 123 cell

Not so much the power, as much as the higher capacity, longer cell lifetime, and better cold-weather performance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so much the power, as much as the higher capacity, longer cell lifetime, and better cold-weather performance.

AA lithium would have the same shelf life, same cold weather performance.

But I can't get a good rechargable 123........  so until I can, I still prefer the AA.     I can go lithium, I can go rechargable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AA lithium would have the same shelf life, same cold weather performance.

But I can't get a good rechargable 123........  so until I can, I still prefer the AA.     I can go lithium, I can go rechargable.

Actually, you're right. I forgot about that, even with a pair in my 552. Aaaand, as it turns out, CR123As only have 1300mAh capacity, compared to 3000 mAh for lithium AAs. The higher voltage may make it easier to run the laser diode, though, so there may be an efficiency gain, with how inefficient DC voltage converters are.

There are still advantages, though. Troops have to carry quite a few CR123As for their lights; I'm sure that it'll streamline things better to have mostly CR123As.

FWIW, there are rechargable CR123As, but they're not nearly perfect.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top