Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 1:09:07 PM EDT
hello Ive been looking around and Ive found a few scopes I like, but want to know what you guys think. Im looking for a decent scope for the 05 SEBR or just an M4 anyway it needs to be waterproof and rubberized, I know all scopes say waterproof but some seem only water resistent. also under $200 or near that is preferable, also having lends covers is important but I assume that can be attached later. well thanks for any opinions im verymuch a noobi to this so I wont know any acronyms/abbreviates. red dot scopes are ok too
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of NO scopes available for under $200 that I would trust. I recommend a case of ammo and iron sights.

Sorry for not being helpful. I'm the resident gear snob, I guess. I bought a bunch of crap and now I have to go back and by the good stuff anway.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i too do not know of any good optics under $200 that i would recommend other than the advise combat_jack has given the only other thing is look for a well used, older model eotech or aimpoint

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
ok so looks like Ill have to save up and get a good one well thanks for the input, Im assume aimpoint, trijicon, and eotech are the duable ones?
- no use burning good money in a garbage can -
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I run a Leupold VX-II 1-4x20mm duplex reticel on my AR. It's not rubber armored but it's a good scope. I paid around $250 for it IIRC. It holds up well good glass. Only thing you would have to add is the scope covers. I've used the scope on the rifle in a carbine class, and I use it on the gun when hunting with it too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
SWFA has several versions of the Vari X 1 for $179 and $199...up to 3x9x33, iirc.  Pop over there and take a look.  

Oh wait...all scopes under $200 are pieces of shit...nevermind.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top