Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:11 PM EDT
Anyone have anything to say about the scope....?  The scope folks, the scope.

And I see here and there mention of a new low cost (750~) 3.1x model.... anyone else know anything about this?

It's going on this rifle.  I am asking scope quesitons though, take your rifle comments and write them down and then throw them out.  

only a grand at swfa

Elcan 3.4x28 Optical Sight
  Send this page to a friend
Specifications
Weight (g.): 875

145M4
Size (mm.): 242x64x89
Eye Relief (mm.): 70
Field of View @ 100yds (m.): 14.1
Exit Pupil (mm.): 8.5
Basic Information
Mount: Base requirements MIL-STD-1913 "Pica Tinny Rail"
Attachment: US Army torque knob
Windage and Elevation: 0.25 mil detecting zero adjustments
Line of sight: Identical to Elcan optical sight approximating M16/AR15 iron sight
Ballistic compensation:

* M240/M249: Blended 7.62/5.56 NATO
   * M4: 5.56 NATO (62gr FMJ)

Housing: Surface finish black anodized with chemical-resistant rubber outer casing
Purging: Dry nitrogen purged
Sealing: Waterproof 1 meter for two hours
Durability: Designed to survive standardized NATO drop test
Electrical reticle illumination: LED illumination of reticle center
Power source: DL1/3N 3y long life lithium battery

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Elcans. I have both the battery powered model (you listed) and the older tritium-post model. As much as I love them, though, ACOGs are just better values, IMO. Cheaper (not often that you hear that with ACOGs!) and lighter.

If Elcans were a bit cheaper, I'd say go with it. As it is, you can put a TA01 on there and save a bunch of cash. If your heart is set on a Elcan, however, you'll be getting awesome glass that is very 'eye friendly'. It definitely isn't picky about head position, and has great light-gathering.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top