Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2005 12:57:43 AM EDT
I picked up a TA31 on gun broker for 700 with the flat top mount. It has the donut rectical how do you use this?
Pat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Good deal.

First thing I would do is by a LaRue mount. I don't like the TA51 with its knobs.

Sight the rifle in so the bullets strike at the top of the donut at 100 meters. Like with a front sight--the group should sit right on top of the donut. Center of the donut is 200m, bottom is 300.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I picked up a TA31 on gun broker for 700 with the flat top mount. It has the donut rectical how do you use this?
Pat

that is a good deal, does it show any signs of leakage around the tritum tube ?? if so send it to the factory for reconditioning.., i bought one two years ago for $600, it showed signs of tampering, i sent it back to Trijicon & it was fully reconditioned with new screws even !!

and NO charge !!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The owner said it had a crack on the fiber otpic tube but he said it works fine I saw the pics on Gunbroker. I know Trijicon would repair it and the price seemed damn good. So I bought it. I bought the Larue mounts like suggested. I want to be able to switch out my Eotech and Acog as needed while retaining 0. The Eotech has a GG&G mount on it. I thought about putting the Eotech forward on the Surefire rail with a riser and just attaching the acog when I need the range capability and turning the Eotech off. I like the Eotech a lot but wanted to play with a longer range optic.

Pat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The cracks are normal, you people are too much.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First thing I would do is by a LaRue mount.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
He he, I saw that one listed on gun broker
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was going to be gone if I waited so I snagged it.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I got mine NIB for $795 off gunbroker.  I saw that one listed "with crack" but didn't want to risk it.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]

That tube is NOT the tritium tube, and anything leaking out of it is not tritium or anything of any danger to you, or anyone else.

yes, i know, but for lack of a better word i used "tritium tube", you are correct about the gel being harmless, but here in the Arizona sun & heat that gel leaking was just too much to deal with, cleaning the scope was more work intensive than cleaning the entire gun !!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top