Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 4:34:36 AM EDT
I currently have a SBR BM with a 11.5 inch barrel with a fixed front sight and a folding rear, Eotech between the two.  The arrangement is ok, but I also have a ACOG on another rifle that I'd like to try on the SBR.  It seems the older I get, the more magnification I need.

Would you mount the ACOG on the SBR and look through the front sight base, or saw it off?  I picture this done and then made neat with a Dremel and file.  Or in the tradition of ARFCOM, get both and order another SBR upper?  Getting another upper means not only the expense, but I'd have to send the thing to Gemtech to get the mount for a suppressor, too, so this is an expensive route.

Or, just put the ACOG on the upper and not worry about the front sight base?

Or, just shut up and count my blessings and use the Ectech?

The AR15 is such a versatile platform - the possibilities drive me crazy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's a 4x32 ACOG you'll see a blur on the bottom, with lower magnification like 1.5 it'd be more prominent, but since you've been using the EOTech where the FSB always shows up clearly, the blur on the bottom most likely won't bother you.
If it does, you can swap out the standard FSB with a folding front sight like PRI's and YHM's.  If you have railed handguards, then you can use KAC, Troy, YHM, etc.  So you have to send it back to Gemtech to install the flash suppressor?  Well then swapping out the front sight requires the removal of the flash suppressor.  I say live with the FSB blur on the bottom of the ACOG
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]

I'd mount the ACOG and not worry about the FSB...you will learn to ignore the shadow in the bottom of the sight picture.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Or, just put the ACOG on the upper and not worry about the front sight base?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd mount the ACOG and not worry about the FSB...you will learn to ignore the shadow in the bottom of the sight picture.

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2...if you're used to the EOTech, this shouldn't be a problem at all.  Shit, if you don't like it, just put the EOTech back on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top