Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:34:26 PM EDT
I am thinking of mounting a EOTech 512 on my flattop M4.  I am not sure if I want to absolute co witness the front sight or raise it up over the front sight.  If I mount it directly on my flat top what will I see?  Do I need any spacers, risers etc.  Any input on different configurations would be appreciated.  Thank you
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
none are needed to cowitness

as seen from CMMG's website

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
This has been covered a lot and there might even be some pics of interest to you in the BUIS thread tacked above!

Here is my EOTech mounted directly to the upper receiver of my M4gery, and two pics to give you an idea of the sight picture using a CCH BUIS.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the pics QUIB.  Very helpful.  Also, thank you all for your replies and please keep them coming.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I have mine mounted directly on the rail as I prefer absolute co-witness over lower 1/3.

Still haven't decided if I want to try the GG&G Accucam.  I do like the QD ability but so far the standard thumbscrew has been just fine.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have mine mounted directly on the rail as I prefer absolute co-witness over lower 1/3.

Still haven't decided if I want to try the GG&G Accucam.  I do like the QD ability but so far the standard thumbscrew has been just fine.

Seydou

I have been trying to decide on the Accucam myself.  How will it effect my co-witness?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seydou

I have been trying to decide on the Accucam myself.  How will it effect my co-witness?

It will keep it the same as the Accucam is the same height as the original mount.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The Accucam, according to the website, won't raise the EoTech any, so you'll have the same cowitness as with the factory screw.

Are you planning on removing the EoTech frequently, like to swap another scope in its place.  If so, consider a mount.  If not, skip the mount, and leave it in place.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]
EOTech 512 mounted directly on the flattop.

What you see with the ARMS #40 flipped up.

What you see with it flipped down.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The Accucam is not a "mount".  It simply replaces the Eotech screw tensioner with a cam tensioner, hence the name Accucam.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top